- Using your uHoo
- Getting Started
- Does the uHoo need constant Wi-Fi?▼
Yes, your uHoo needs a constant Wi-Fi connection in order to function.
- My uHoo seems to be constantly disconnecting from my network. Is that normal?▼
If you check the logs of your Wi-Fi router, you will see that the uHoo will disconnect and reconnect every minute. This is part of the energy savings feature of the uHoo. While in operation, the uHoo will continuously sense your air quality. However, the Wi-Fi chip of your uHoo will go to sleep after it sends the data to the uHoo cloud. The sequence every minute, on average, is as follows:
- The uHoo sends data to the uHoo Cloud.
- The uHoo Wi-Fi chip will disconnect from your Wi-Fi network and go to sleep.
- The uHoo continues to sense your air.
- At the approximately 50 second mark, your uHoo’s Wi-Fi will wake up, connect to your Wi-Fi network, send the information to the uHoo Cloud and go back to sleep.
- The cycle repeats every minute.
- What do the lights on my uHoo mean?▼
- How do I update the device firmware?▼
You don’t need to manually update the firmware. Your uHoo checks for new firmware updates every 24 hours and will automatically download and update itself if an update is available.
- How do I connect my uHoo to a different Wi-Fi network?▼
- Can I connect my uHoo to a mobile hotspot?▼
Yes, you can connect your uHoo to your mobile hotspot. However, this option is only available if you’ve already successfully setup your uHoo with an existing Wi-Fi network. If it is a brand new device that has never been setup, this option will not work. You can read how to do this on this article.
- The uHoo app says some sensors are still calibrating. What does that mean?▼
The gas sensors (carbon dioxide, VOC, nitrogen dioxide and ozone) require a warm up period during first time use. The carbon dioxide sensor requires at least 48 hours of continuous use for it to complete the warm up, while the VOC, nitrogen dioxide and ozone sensors require at least 24 hours of continuous use.
If the warm up is interrupted (device turned off, power failure or lower fluctuation), the warmup will restart from the beginning and will need another 48 hours or 24 hours, depending on which gas sensor. This warm up needs to be conducted only once.
During the warmup period, the readings will fluctuate and you can ignore the data. Once the warmup is completed, your readings will automatically adjust.
Your uHoo also has auto calibration technology. This technology was developed to ensure the long term performance of the sensors. Auto-calibration happens every 168 hours of continuous use. The CO2 sensor would need at most 3 cycles of auto calibration to achieve full accuracy. Whenever the device is switched off then switched back on, the VOC, nitrogen dioxide and ozone sensors will only start sensing your air after 30 minutes. During the first 30 minutes, they will remain at very low levels.
- What does the reset button do?▼
The reset button deletes the Wi-Fi network stored in the device, and brings your uHoo back to set up mode so you can connect it to a different Wi-Fi network.
- Will resetting the device delete my data?▼
No. Resetting the device mainly deletes the Wi-Fi network stored in the device so you can connect it to a different Wi-Fi network.
- What integrations are available?▼
uHoo has various integration capabilities that you can utilize to automate and bring more value to your experience. Listed below are the integrations currently available
- Google Home Assistant
- Amazon Alexa
- IFTTT - this allows you to connect and control a range of products in the market such as Ecobee, SmartThings, iRobot, etc.
- Conrad Connect
The integration options will continue to expand as we build more capabilities around the various systems available in the market. If there is any specific integration that you would like to eventually see, do drop us a message here.
- System requirements▼
You will need the following to get started on using your uHoo:
- “uHoo” app - Please make sure you have downloaded the latest version from the App Store or Play Store
- uHoo account - Please create one by tapping on the “Sign Up” button on the uHoo app
- Android OS version 4.2 and above, iOS 11 and above
- Power outlet
- 802.11 b/g/n @ 2.4 GHz with WPA- or WPA2-Personal security Wi-Fi network. If your Wi-Fi network is a dedicated 5 GHz, please login to your router settings and turn on the 2.4 GHz network. The uHoo will not connect to a dedicated 5 GHz network.
- Setting up your uHoo▼
Before you set up uHoo, you will need to install the “uHoo” app on your mobile device. Please download the “uHoo” app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
Once you’ve downloaded the “uHoo” app, you would need to create your “uHoo” account and login the “uHoo” app using the account you created. The app will guide you step by step on how to set up your uHoo. If you’d like to have a printed guide, you may visit the online Setup guide here.
- Connectivity specifications▼
- Placing and caring for your uHoo▼
- How big of an area can one uHoo cover?▼
Every uHoo can cover 50 to 80 square meters (550 to 850 square feet) of open space.
- I don’t see my uHoo in the uHoo app after successfully setting it up▼
Please reach out to us by clicking on the “Contact Us” button in the “We’re here to help” section at the bottom of this page.
- Can I have multiple uHoo units setup with my uHoo account?▼
Yes you can.
You can pay via credit card or PayPal
It is in US dollars.
We ship your uHoo unit on the next business day of your order. The time it will take to deliver to your address would vary based on your country. It takes 3 to 11 business days on average.
Shipping is free for countries listed on the checkout page. If you’d like to have expedited shipping, just drop us a message and we can arrange for expedited shipping for an additional fee, which is dependent on the courier’s cost at that point in time.
Just drop us a message and we can check the availability of couriers for your country and the shipping fees to your country.
Yes. Once your order is processed, you will get the tracking number in your email. Please check the spam folder, just in case it goes into your spam folder.
You can check our Where to Buy page to check if there are resellers in your country. If there’s none, you can still purchase from our website and we will ship it to your country.
We would need your complete address in order to ship your uHoo.