Prior to setting up your uHoo, please make sure to have everything that’s written in the checklist below.
- uHoo, USB Adapter and USB Cable
- Wi-Fi network (802.11 b/g/n @ 2.4GHz) with WPA/WPA2-personal security. Dedicated 5GHz network is not supported
- Mobile phone running iOS 10 or later, or Android 4.1 or later
- The latest “uHoo” app downloaded from either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Connect your mobile device to the same Wi-Fi (for example, “MyWi-FiNetwork”) that you want your uHoo to connect to
Create your uHoo account
- Download the “uHoo” app from the App Store or Play Store.
- Tap on the “Sign Up” button. You will be asked to provide a few pieces of information such as your email address, name and birthdate. This will help uHoo give you more relevant insights. You will receive an email to verify your email address.
- Please check your spam folder just in case the verification email goes in there. Once you’ve verified your email address by clicking on the link in the email that you received, you would be able to login the uHoo app.
Connect the uHoo to your Wi-Fi network
- Plug in your uHoo to a wall outlet and place it in the room that you’d like to monitor. You may refer to this article for a guide on the ideal locations to place your uHoo.
- Prior to connecting the uHoo to your Wi-Fi network, please make sure to turn off your VPN connection and mobile data as the VPN and mobile data connections will interfere with the setup process and cause it to fail. You would also need to switch on Location Permissions on your mobile device. This is required due to restrictions on Apple and Android phones where they block apps from connecting to Wi-Fi networks unless it is switched on. We do not gather any location data. This is needed primarily during the setup process. Once your uHoo has connected to your network, you can switch off location permissions.
- Tap on the “Add new device” on the uHoo app and the app will guide you through the setup process.
Troubleshooting network configuration
- There may be instances where your network has been customized to block or restrict certain connections thereby prohibiting the uHoo from being set up. Please refer to this article to understand the ports that uHoo uses.
- Some Wi-Fi routers may also have outdated firmware that may prohibit connectivity. To make sure that your router has the latest firmware version, please login to your router’s admin panel and check the firmware version and update it. The router models that encounter this issue is the ASUS RT-ACRH13. If you have a different router model and are unable to set up your device, please reach out to us by clicking here and going to the contact section of the page.
Not seeing my uHoo in the app after successful set up
If you don’t see your uHoo after you’ve successfully set up your uHoo, please reach out to us by clicking here. Please include your uHoo account email when you reach out to us.